What is sponsorship used for?
We’ve detailed below our three sponsorship packages which cover each our main activity areas. If you have an alternative proposition though we’d love to hear from you! Please contact our president (Annabel Ohene) or our treasurer (Hashmath Hassan).
£1000 to £1500
Our annual package covers all the activities of the society in one go, along with providing the greatest exposure for you! Your sponsorship will be used for:
- Events throughout the year: e.g. tech talks, discussion groups
- Outreach: e.g. visits to local schools, DigiMakers
- Inter-society collaboration, with societies such as:
- Raising awareness, for example through:
- Supporting our members for example through:
- Providing access to resources,
- Raising issues with the University,
- Subsidised T-shirts and hoodies
- Website/email maintenance
As part of the annual sponsorship package and to say thank you for supporting the society, we offer you the opportunity to:
- Present up to two technical talks across the year¹,
- Advertise job and internship opportunities direct to our members (who come from across the engineering faculty),
- Place your name or logo on our website,
- Include your name or logo on regular society emails,
- Include your name or logo on all society marketing materials e.g. posters, banners, advertising and other publicity materials,
- Include your name or logo on our society T-shirts or hoodies.
¹ Additional talks come under the Tech-talk Package.
~£400, up to £800
Our event package covers the cost of particular events throughout the year². We have lots of events planned, including industry-supported activities on Ada Lovelace day, open discussions on Unconscious Bias, workshops at DigiMakers and much more…! Please get in touch to discuss what event you’d like to sponsor (or with your own event idea). Event sponsorship is usually used for:
- Food & Drink,
- Venue hire,
- Travel costs for guests,
- Posters, banners and other publicity materials,
- Contributions to other expenses when collaborating with other societies
- Prizes (when the event is competitive)
In return, we offer you the opportunity to:
- Include your name in the event’s title,
- Include your name or logo on the event’s advertising,
- Send a representative to the event (including to help judge competitive events),
- Give a short (~10 min) presentation attendees at the start of the event,
- Place your name or logo on our website.
² Excludes technical talks.
£200 plus presenter
Throughout the year we invite members of local industry (particularly alumni) to present talks about their experience in engineering and also about their technical work.
We provide food, drink, venue and faculty-wide advertising for these events so we ask for £200 sponsorship in order to cover costs. We usually expect a mixed audience of around 40 people.
I’d like to sponsor you…let’s make it happen!
We’ll discuss details of the sponsorship package you have chosen (e.g. event dates/times, transfer of sponsorship) or help you choose if you can’t decide right away! We then provide a short contract for you to sign. Your contract is with the University of Bristol Students’ Union - Bristol SU, of which Women in Engineering Society is a full member and as such, legal representative. Once the contract is signed, you provide:
- Your logo (along with any usage guidelines),
- The sponsorship money,
- Confirmation of attendance by any representatives and,
- Confirmation of any other arrangements.
Sponsorship money is organised via PO and/or invoice and payable by bank transfer, debit/credit card or cheque. All money goes through our University account managed by Caroline Higgins - Outreach & Student Liaison Manager, Merchant Venturers School of Engineering.